NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment in the Process Industries Qualification
The NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry qualification has been developed in conjunction with Cogent – the Sector Skills Council for the Process Industry - employers, the National Skills Academy for the Process Industries (NSAPI) and NEBOSH/NSAPI accredited providers.
It is a key part of Cogent’s ‘Gold Standard’ which is a national framework for continuous professional development setting out the skills and qualifications required for world class performance in key roles in the process industries. This qualification provides both a valuable introduction to the subject and a foundation for further study. Candidates looking to build their health and safety expertise may consider the NEBOSH International General Certificate or International Fire Certificate or International Technical Certificate or International Environment Management.
UNIT PS1 covers
- The foundations of process safety
- Systems to prevent loss of containment
- Common risks and controls in the process safety industry
- Plant integrity
- Emergency response
- Risk assessment hazards
- Controlling workplace hazards - Fire, manual handling, work equipment, electrical safety, hazardous substances and transport.
UNIT PS2 covers
- Foundations in environmental management
- Control of emissions
- Environmental risk assessment
- Environmental impact assessment.
- Knowledge: Whether health, safety and environmental issues are your main responsibility, or just a part of what you do, the NEBOSH Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industry Qualification will give you vital knowledge to help you perform better in your role at work.
- Enjoyment: You’ll enjoy taking this qualification. You’ll discover skills and techniques that are useful and practical. Achievement: The NEBOSH name is a mark of excellence in the field of health, safety and environmental management. It’s a qualification you can be proud of.
- Recognition: When it comes to health and safety, NEBOSH qualifications are what employers ask for more than any other. This qualification is a valuable qualification to hold in your chosen sector. It is part of the Process Industry framework for continuous professional development.
- Career development: For some, this qualification can be their first step towards a life-long career in health, safety and environmental management. For others, it forms part of an important set of qualifications that brings them success and advancement in whatever field they choose.